The Best Pecan Pie Recipe
This is my most requested pie recipe – Pecan Pie. I discovered a secret ingredient that makes it the absolute best pecan pie you will ever put in your mouth. You really must try this pecan pie recipe the next time you are in the mood for a really great pie.
No family holiday gathering would be complete without this awesome Pecan Pie. Every good Southerner will have a pecan pie at their Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. My new Australian friends joined us for Thanksgiving this year and they absolutely loved this pie. It was the first to disappear. Here’s how you make the Best Pecan Pie:
Preheat oven to 350°F
1 pie crust (I use the refrigerated Ready Made piecrusts that you just roll out into the pan)
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup light corn syrup
2/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup margarine or butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract (my secret ingredient)
1 1/4 cup pecan halves
1. Roll out pie crust and place in a 9″ pie plate. Flute the edges.
2. For filling, mix well everything but the pecan. Gently stir in pecans.
3. Place pie plate in the oven, pour the filling into the crust.
4. Cover the edges of the crust with foil or a pie crust ring (available in specialty cooking stores like Williams Sonoma).
5. Bake for 25 minutes then remove the foil and continue baking for another 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool then cover and refrigerate.
Remember to PIN the Best Pecan Pie Recipe!